Environmental triggers are very strong. Being exposed to food will trigger most people.
Food is everywhere! In meetings, waiting rooms, in gyms, everywhere you look.
Good news is that you can make your your environment weight loss friendly, like your home, car, office…, and also engage in more activities that are not food related.i
- Choose to eat in only one room at your house, like dining room. Avoid eating while working in front of the computer or TV.
- Dish up your meal and don’t go for seconds. Keep the pots and bowls with food in the kitchen or pack away in the fridge after dishing up.
- Hang out with people with similar goals and interests. Make new active, healthy eating friends.
- Avoid long lunches or dinners in groups. Or if you can’t or don’t want to avoid it then decide in advance how much you are going to eat and drink and stick to it.
- Learn how to say No Thank You
P.S. If these point sound like too much to you maybe you just simply don’t want it bad enough. And that’s also ok.