Maintaining a stable lean body weight is a very important health goal. Its dangerous to repeatedly loose and gain weight. It can slow down your metabolism, change your body composition leading to less muscle and more fat each time you gain.
These are some ideas to help you avoid relapse:
- Avoid fad diets and extreme diets that are too difficult to stay on for long.
- Set realistic deadlines, aiming to lose 0.5 to 1 kg a week. Fast loss is known to lead to relapse.
- Don’t just suddenly stop you nutrition program.
- Gradually adjust your calorie intake to a maintenance level.
- Increase your exercise while increasing calories.
- Be aware of perfectionism that could leave you unhappy with your new body even after making a huge progress.